dYdX: A Standard for Decentralized Margin Trading and Derivatives
dYdX allows creation of entirely new asset classes which derive their value from underlying blockchain-based assets. Financial products such as derivatives and margin trades allow investors to achieve superior risk management with their portfolios, and open up new avenues for speculation. They also increase market efficiency for the underlying asset by aiding in price discovery and allowing individuals to express more complex opinions on price and volatility. dYdX provides advantages over traditional financial products by eliminating the need for a regulated central clearing house, providing global and equal access, and allowing users full control of their funds at all times.
dYdX offers a number of decentralized protocols implementing various types of crypto-asset financial products. These protocols are comprised of open source Ethereum Smart Contracts and standards.
○ Decentralized protocols for peer-to-peer derivatives and margin trading
○ Built on Ethereum and 0x
○ Open-source and free to use
○ Efficient markets are enabled using off-chain 0x orders and economic incentives for price discovery
○ Modular, extensible smart contracts allow continuous opt-in upgrades
● dYdX Margin Trading Protocol
○ Can be used to profit on downward price movements, or increase leverage
○ Providing low risk fully collateralized loans for margin trades can provide interest fee on long positions
○ Anyone can margin trade or lend any ERC20 token
● dYdX Options Protocol
○ Can be used to reduce risk or speculate
○ Anyone can create, write, buy, or trade any option on any ERC20 token
○ Each option is represented by its own ERC20 token to allow easy trading
Trade Now: https://www.expotrading.com/
Medium by dydxderivatives
New Blog: The Integral
Hey all, we’ve moved over to our new blog: The Integral: https://integral.dydx.exchange/
Aug 12, 2020 / Read More
dYdX Launches BTC Perpetual Contract Market
dYdX is launching Perpetual Contract Markets that enable trading of any non-Ethereum based asset. The first market to go live is entering...
Apr 20, 2020 / Read More
Getting Started With dYdX — Margin Trading (Part 1)
Users will still be able to withdraw at any time, but deposits, trades, and borrows will be disabled. Learn more in the blog post.
Apr 16, 2020 / Read More
The dYdX Business Model
TLDR: dYdX is building a business model around the exchange. We are introducing trading fees starting Mar 10, 2020. There are separate ta...
Mar 03, 2020 / Read More
Programatic Trading on dYdX
Learn how to quickly spin up a trading bot on dYdX
Jan 21, 2020 / Read More
Multi-Collateral DAI Migration on dYdX
TLDR: Users on dYdX don’t need to do anything. Your positions, balances, borrows etc. will be converted automatically into the new Multi-...
Nov 07, 2019 / Read More